Saturday 25 May 2013

Build-a-Library Baby Shower

Earlier I posted about a blue ombre cake that I was testing out for my friend's baby shower, and now, a couple weeks after the fact, here are the details of the shower! It was so much fun to plan and was a great success!


Her little boy's room is painted aqua with orange accents, so we wanted her shower to match! Since our theme was "Build-a-Library" we tried to match book names with the food we served. 


You might notice an empty bowl in front of the "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" picture... yea we forgot to put the meatballs in before we took the photo. I trust you all have imaginations and can pretend it's there.  :)


Like the chalkboard sign in the background? Here's my tutorial on how to get a professional look by doing it yourself!

My cake didn't turn out too bad either. I found the cute cut out cake toppers from The Pretty Blog. Such a cute addition!


I was in a bit of a rush to decorate the cake, so it's definitely got its flaws. Notice how the top goes in a different direction than the sides? Oops. Oh well. I was still happy with it, and I know it could have looked even better if I would have taken my time with it. 

Wanna know how to decorate a cake using the petal technique? It's super easy, check out Bird on a Cake's tutorial

Like my cake stand? I love this one from Amazon and it's only $17.50

Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment