Monday 15 April 2013

Vanilla Black Tea Macarons

So I wanted to make sure that I actually knew how to make a beautiful macaron, and that it wasn't just a one time fluke.

And what do you know it? I can!

Here is my beautiful Vanilla Bean black tea macaron with honey buttercream filling, and what's even better about them is that I made them with the Vanilla Bean tea from Might Leaf. Mmmm… so good. It's a black tea infused with Madagascar vanilla. 


Using the recipe for my "Macaron de Paris" you add 1 tablespoon of tea leaves (after they go in the food processor) to the almond meal mixture, making sure to sift it as well and throw away any larger bits that don't make it through. 

For the filling, I made honey buttercream, using this recipe from yoo-eatz.com

I of course had to bring out the china and brew myself a cup of tea to go with it. Husband said these were even better than the last, and I think it's because after I brought them out of the oven, I left a lot of them to rest upside down, which I've read can help. Hmmm.... 

Anyways, I am constantly on the look out for any exciting macaron recipes that I can try. So please, if you see anything, send a link my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment