Thursday 28 March 2013

SPRING BREAK

   Being a teacher I've have been privileged to enjoy two whole weeks off work, and since husband and I are going to New York for May long (!), I have dedicated these past two weeks to getting stuff done!

   We only moved into our current living space about a month ago, so I've used some of my free time to spruce things up a bit. Keep in mind that we are currently in a rental basement suite, so there is only so much that I can do. 

    When we first moved in, every wall in the place was brown, dark brown. I don't know how the previous tenants could stand to live in such a dark space. However, we have incredible landlords who gave us the go-ahead to paint, so we did just that. Here is the colour of the walls before:
  
 We actually didn't paint the wall in the picture, but I wanted to show you the before colour. We've since painted the living and dining area a light grey, almost white colour. It really brightens up the place, but it also made our walls look bare. Here is the after paint, before decor picture:


   Since I can't change the moulding or paint it a different colour, dressing up the walls with frames was my only option. 


Sorry about the bad lighting. That's what happens when you live in a basement suite, not a lot of natural sunlight. 

The space looks much better with the frames. The whole place is starting to come along!

{Here is a view from our living room... just got these new couches from Craigslist. :)}

Phewf... that felt like a long 2nd post. Stay tuned, I'm going to attempt to make some macaroons for Easter tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment